Saturday, August 6, 2011

WHY?

Why is it important to have a Why? What is a Why?

A Why is a story that you have to write for yourself, it goes along with your goals but it's the meat of the reason you set those particular goals? The Why is what drives you to achieve your goals; it's what keeps you motivated when others aren't giving you the support that you need and it's what you are passionate about.

Here is a story about me. At Christmas 2009 I received money as a gift from my in-laws. I decided that after the New Year once all the sales started I would treat myself to some new clothes. At this time I always shopped alone because shopping was a horrible experience for me and I always left disappointed. On this particular occasion I was not only shopping for myself but for my husband's birthday dinner and a night out with adults. I shopped at one of my favorite stores, I picked out some really cute jeans and I headed to the fitting room. To my surprise and disgust the size that I normally wore no longer fit. The sales lady brought me another size and they were too tight also the worst and most mortifying part was they were the largest size pants they carried. I was now going into a size 18! I was devastated and I sat in that fitting room and cried, I looked at myself in the mirror and I remember asking, "WHO ARE YOU"? What had I become? I was miserable with myself, I was so overweight that I couldn't stand for my husband to even see me, and I wasn't able to keep up with my children anymore because I was so out of shape. I was addicted to Starbucks, Chick Fila, and a binge eater who was so severely depressed and miserable that I had let myself gain 50 pounds in one year.

What was my Why?

Well my Why was and still is a lot of reasons.

  1. I believe my number one Why was to find the person I used to be.
    1. The strong, independent and confident girl I once was before.
  2. Lead my family by example
    1. My children and husband had become overweight
  3. Because I am a mother and I owe it to myself and my family to be healthy and live a long life with them
  4. Because GOD granted me life and I refuse to take advantage of his gift by treating my body poorly and becoming unhealthy again
  5. I feel healthier than I have in my entire life
  6. I love helping women reach their goals and losing that old weak, miserably unhappy and unhealthy person they once were
  7. I love setting new goals and challenging myself physically and mentally to reach them
  8. I am finally comfortable in my own skin
  9. I love not caring about what people think when I walk into a room. (Something I was extremely subconscious about)
  10. I enjoy wearing dresses and don't feel self conscious
  11. I love to inspire others


 

  • Do you still need help with your why? Here are some ideas that may help you write your Why story.
  • Do you want to wear certain type/size clothing?
  • Do you want to be able to do activities with your kids you cannot currently do?
  • Do you want to start dating?
  • Do you want to try running, boot camp, Zumba?
  • How do you want to look?
  • How would you like to feel?
  • Do you want to feel sexier when you are with your spouse/boyfriend?
  • Do you want to be able to tie your shoes without being out of breath?
  • Do you want to stop shopping in the plus size department?

If you would like to share your story with me then please email me at jennifer@skinnymomchallenge.com If you would like to share your success story I would love to hear it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment