Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Food Preparation Is Key To Healthy Living


Wednesday’s are the craziest day of my week.  It’s one of those jam packed days that I don’t have time to breath.  That's why it's important to prepare my meals and plan what my children will eat at dinner.  Here's a glimpse of what my Wednesday's look like each week. 

My Wednesday


·         4:00 a.m. up and ready

·         5:00 a.m. run 4 miles

·         6:00-6:45 a.m. Kettlebell boot camp

·         7:00 a.m. Starbucks for a cup of coffee

·         7:20 a.m. home; prepare snacks, lunch, and breakfast for everyone

·         8:15 a.m. out the door to drop kids at school

·         9:00 a.m. at the gym to set up for boot camp

·         9:20-10:20 a.m. Boot camp (instruct)

·         10:30 a.m. shower

·         11:00 a.m. out the door for my class at school

·         12:00-1:15 p.m. Class

·         1:15-2:45 free time

·         3:00 pick up kids from school

·         3:25 pick up the baby

·         3:45 p.m. home and completing kids homework, snack time, and preparing for dinner

·         The rest of the evening is spent doing my homework, laundry, baths, getting kids to bed

·         9:00 p.m. all kids to bed

·         9:00-11:00 homework

As you can see it’s very important to be organized and knowing what I’m going to eat during the day or what my family will eat in the evening is important.   Today I stuffed the cooler with raw vegetables, 2 tbsp. of hummus; nitrate free turkey slices and whole wheat bun, protein powder, shaker, low carb and high protein bar, one banana, and vitamins/supplements.   If we don’t organize ourselves then we tend to make very poor choices and eat out.  Eating out every evening took a toll on my family a few years ago and not only did I find myself overweight but my entire family. 

I love having breakfast for dinner and so do my children.  This evening we had breakfast burritos and it was a feeling meal but didn’t require a lot of time or preparation. 

Breakfast Burritos:


Eggs/scrambled

Fresh Salsa

Green peppers

Turkey sausage browned

Whole wheat tortilla

Not a lot of ingredients required and once the eggs and sausage are cooked just add all the ingredients into the tortilla.  Remember keep your meals simple during the week don’t try some new recipe.  Instead save any new recipes you wish to try for the weekend. 

Happy Wednesday!
Doing what I love; Kettlebell Snatch

No comments:

Post a Comment