Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Swings, Cleans and Life

It is absolutely astounding to me that today is December 3.  Where did this year go?  Another semester of school is coming to a close and I am still hanging by the seat of my pants.  Trying to maintain my training schedule four days a week while running small group training.  A million times I am asked, how do you keep up?  Some days I’m working on fumes!  There are late nights due to projects and of course early mornings.  Raising three kids and running what seems like an animal shelter gets overwhelming. 

Thankfully I have managed to survive two holidays and I’m focusing on Christmas and New Year’s.  I have learned not to sweat it! It's okay to have sweets as long as I use self-control.  Enjoy the time with your family and just be aware of the food you eat.  Remember before any holiday event try to eat mindfully throughout the day leading up to the event.  Avoid going to a party on an empty stomach and note that consuming too much alcohol can cause overeating. 

Most importantly during the holiday season keep training!   The worst thing you can do is skip the gym.  Mark a time on your calendar specifically for exercise.  The holidays add stress for many people because of the added extra expense of gifts and food.  Beat the holiday blues with a great workout!  Exercise is one of the greatest natural stress relievers.  I’m positive, if I didn't train I would be a miserable person.  If you're familiar with my blog you know, I have battled depression a great portion of my life and exercise has helped me control my feelings, thoughts and anxiety. 

Plan ahead for the New Year!  Are you thinking about joining a gym? Are you thinking about signing up for a race event?  Mud Run? Spartan? This is a great time of year to put your money where your mouth is and register.  There are many great deals to register for events or gym memberships.  Some places even offer weight loss challenges to help you achieve your fitness goals and weight loss goals. 
If you are thinking about starting a new fitness journey I would love to help! I offer small group Kettlebell training.  Our members will also have the opportunity to complete a 90 Day Challenge  to lose inches and most likely weight.  This is a community of moms, dads, professionals and everyday people, encouraging others while achieving their health goals.  Don’t let life get in the way of your health.  We only have one life to live! If you wish to register for Small Group Training with Jennifer Sherlock, RKC click the link! 




No comments:

Post a Comment