Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Beginnings

This week has been a struggle to say the least.  Tonight as I prepare dinner a sense of peace comes over me.  I should be struck by panic but for the first time it's not there.  As I prepare dinner and watch my boys an their dad in the yard I'm happy.  I feel blessed!   This week I found out that I lost a great opportunity for an internship and possibly a job.  I spent two days crying and completely upset.  I cried mainly because I was already stressed about my husband possibly losing his job.   I realized today what I want to do with my life.  I graduate shortly with a Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology, Major in Fitness Management and Personal Training and a Minor in Health Promotion.  What do I want to do when I grow up?? Wellness Coaching!  I love what I currently do with our members at the School of Strength and I think we could grow to so much more and help so many in our community.  Not only do we train our clients, offer community, build friendships but we help them lose weight and reach their goals.  

Today, April Fools Day my husband begins a new journey as he resigned from his position after 8 years with a family owned business.  The terror wasn't there instead peace and relief.  He is taking these last days of our childrens spring break to spend time with the kids.  This is something he hasn't been able to do in a long time.  Am I scared? A little but he's already getting offers so I know this will pass quickly.    

The me before would have grabbed a bottle of wine and maybe a quart of ice cream to drown myself  and feel numb.  Seven years after I said good-bye to that person I refuse to let her creep back into my life.  If you are struggling with life and deal with stress by using food as your drug, I can assure you it gets better but only when you take the first step.  

Enjoy this beautiful day with your family.  Stop, enjoy life and most importantly LIVE!! 

Oh yeah dinner tonight is baked chicken and steak fajitas! Easy breezy clean Figher Diet food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment