Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Almost My New Life Birthday!!



Meet the old me. The above pictures are from the summer of 08' and then Halloween 08'. Believe it! It's me! I weighed about 180 lbs. at this point and was wearing a size 16. Many of you know my story and why I started the Skinny Mom Challenge. For those of you who don't know, I was a mom of four children who had given up on my life at one point. I was a binge eater, I was depressed and I was fat. Somewhere along the way I stopped living my life and started taking care of everyone else and going through the motions to get me through the day. I became overweight over a period of 4 years. It didn't happen overnight it gradually occurred and along the way I knew it was happening but I kept putting off doing anything to prevent it from going further. This picture is 2 days before my "new life" began and on my husbands birthday, January 10, 2009. I weighed 178 pounds at this point. I started Skinny Moms after I lost all of my weight. It took me from January 12, 2009 to August 2009 to reach my goal. I had a lot of friends and family approach me wanting help with their weight loss goals. I wanted to put together a group for women to feel encouraged, empowered and I wanted to help hold them accountable during their weight loss journey so Skinny Mom Challenge was hatched. I am the cheering squad for my challengers and I cheer during their progress and I encourage them when they feel like giving up. I have met a lot of strong women and great friends during these challenges, women who have inspired me and keep me motivated. I have pushed many of them past anything they ever thought they could accomplish. In doing this I have decided to become a personal trainer and I am going to school to become a Nutritionist.

I am a much happier person and soon I will be celebrating my "New Life Birthday"! January 12, 2010 will mark my 1 year anniversary since I began my own journey to lose weight and I have become a much happier and healthier person both physically and mentally.
This picture is of me and my husband one month to the day from my one year birthday! I am so much happier and I want to thank all of you who gave me support and encouraged me. I want to think my family for not giving up on me and for Ed for really encouraging me and telling me he could see a difference especially when I couldn't. I really enjoy working with all of you challengers and I look forward to many more challenges to come. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you Skinny Moms! Thanks for believing in me and following me. Remember as Ali Vincent (First female Biggest Loser winner) says; "Believe It, Be It"!
Sincerely,
Jennifer Sherlock

No comments:

Post a Comment