This morning I got creative with some of my leftovers from our Pita Veggie Pizza's. I came up with a new recipe I call; Rise and Shine Breakfast Pizza.
- 4 egg whites 1 whole egg
- Flatout- FlatBread
- Red Peppers/Diced
- Green Peppers/Diced
- Red onions /Diced
- Spicy marinara sauce-low sugar
- 1 oz. Half Skim Mozzarella cheese-Shredded
- 2 oz. ground sweet turkey sausage
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray
- Sautee vegetables in 1 tsp. olive oil
- Scramble eggs
- Brown turkey sausage
- Pour marinara sauce over Flatout® bread
- Add vegetables, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage
- Top with 1 oz. of Skim Mozzarella cheese
- Place in the oven until cheese is melted
- Add Red Pepper Flakes for some kick
Total preparation and baking time was less than 10 minutes. All of my ingredients were already premade including the sausage.
A breakfast pizza can be made with any of your favorite vegetables you have leftover from a previous dinner. Get creative to avoid getting bored with your healthy eating.