Friday, July 20, 2012

The Possibilities are Endless


My husband and I with our oldest daughter 

As a mom or dad it’s difficult to manage running children to and from school, practices and whatever else they may have going on.  Then we are required to be the cook, housekeeper, landscaper and lover.  Fortunately for me my son gets to handle the landscaping.  I enjoy being home with my children but I’m also running a small business while my husband works 80 hours a week.  Things get crazy at times and we don’t know which end is up but I still try to manage to keep everyone eating healthy and active. 

Here in my area I run a boot camp three days a week that begins at 5:30 a.m.   I also work with women and men coaching them to successfully lose weight and learn to manage their eating and exercise while having a chaotic life.  This wasn’t always the case for me, because almost five years ago I let life take over and I gained a lot of weight and since then I have lost close to 60 pounds.  Friends and family asked me how I did it and a business of helping others grew. 

I conditioned myself to start exercising.  I started small by committing to a video by Jillian Michaels.  It was a 20 minute workout and I kept telling myself I have twenty minutes.  I would go to work as a project manager assistant, and then pick up my children from the sitter, help with homework while fixing dinner and once dinner was completed I would exercise.   Sometimes I didn’t get to exercise until 8:00 p.m.   There were evenings my children were in the living room with me and sometimes they would jump in and try to complete the exercises being demonstrated on the video.  There were days I couldn’t stand the thought of exercising but I had written a goal and committed to exercising six nights a week.  When I commit to something I go all in or nothing.  This can be dangerous I will admit.  I eventually felt confident enough to leave my home and I signed up to do Muay Thai Kickboxing.  I know right…..crazy!!!   While doing the kickboxing I began to lose a lot more weight.  I became disciplined especially with my exercise and eating and my confidence began to grow.  I read every book imaginable about eating healthy and I always had an Oxygen Magazine in my hand.  I slowly returned to the old me. 

 I lost my job and decided to return to school full-time and because of that kickboxing took a back seat. I joined a local gym at a much cheaper price and started waking at 4:30 a.m. to be in the gym by 5:00 a.m.  I gained a passion for weight lifting and my body really began to transform into something I never imagined possible.  I know getting up early seems crazier then kickboxing.  Actually, I can’t imagine myself getting up later than 3:50 or 4:00 in the morning.  My day is more productive, I don’t have mommy guilt for leaving to go exercise and I get time to myself.  There isn’t anything greater than sitting in a quiet house before the hustle and bustle of the day begins.   Another advantage of early morning workouts for me is Mother Nature; shooting stars, snowflakes falling on a morning run and it’s so quiet I can almost hear them hit the ground, and sunrises.  It’s the time of day that I can actually see God’s work.

 I have committed myself today to helping people who are just like me busy with life; children, spouses, and work.  These people have somehow lost their way and become overweight, out of shape, or unhealthy.  I enjoy helping them find a balance and begin to enjoy life again.   If you are looking for a way to find that person you know is inside waiting to become healthy again then please contact me or follow me on Facebook or Twitter.  I would love to help you! 




My children and I on vacation 2012 


No comments:

Post a Comment