Monday, July 16, 2012

Fitness Goals



The past few weeks I’ve been trying to reevaluate my goals.   It’s important to always set new goals in all aspects of your life; financial, spiritual, physical, etc.  I have been reading a lot about CrossFit and I want to try CrossFit and see if it’s something I might enjoy.  Everyone I know will tell you I am a fitness junkie and I’m willing to try just about anything.   

Next summer my friend Erin and I are going to compete in the Tough Mudder.  I’m nervous yet really excited to try this very challenging run/physically challenging race.  I’ve heard this race is not only physically challenging but mentally challenging.  I guess I’m going to see just how strong I’ve become over these past four years. 
To help me with reach my two goals the Tough Mudder and CrossFit I’ve been training very hard at kettlebells.  I’m working on increasing my strength, endurance and mental toughness.  I have a great workout partner who pushes me when I want to stop and keeps me motivated. I have fantastic friends who are also encouraging. 

I’ve always told my clients to find something they love and don’t look at exercise as something to hate but instead something you LOVE.  Find a workout partner or several and push!  Don’t listen to the voice in your head telling you that you can’t do something. Also don’t listen to those around you when they say negative things.  Remember Philippians 4:13! 

No comments:

Post a Comment