Thursday, October 8, 2009

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

As many of you are aware October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Many of us have had a loved one or you may have been affected by breast cancer.



Last year I participated in my first Race for the Cure. I was on a team for a 28 year old mother of two who lives here in Franklin. Her name is Mandy and she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I really loved being able to participate and raise money. This was a very emotional and wonderful experience.



I have started a team Skinny Mom Challengers, for the next Race for the Cure on April 17, 2010. Please join our team and help raise money and come walk or run with us.



Go to http://www.komenindy.org/

Once you are here Click on the link that says Registration for the 2010 Race for the Cure. Then inside there look to your right where it says Join a Team click and scroll down enter our team name; Skinny Mom Challengers then you will be prompted to join the team.

If this doesn't work you can always contact me in the comments and I will send you an email to join the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment