Monday, May 28, 2012

Vacation and Keeping Up

This week I'm preparing for vacation and it's exceptionally hard coming off of a holiday weekend. I don't know about you but the last thing I want to do on a holiday weekend is pack and shop. I've been making my "To Do" list and of course tomorrow I will start the hustle and bustle; kids haircuts, grocery shopping, last minute clients and of course kettlebells and running. The last two are very important for me to keep my sanity during all of this craziness. We have a two day car ride to Outerbanks, North Carolina with five kids and a caravan with my parents and sister. Packing for vacation includes clothing, beach items but most importantly healthy snacks and foods for lunch and dinner. When I go on vacation I always pack the essentials; apples, protein shakes, chicken, whole grain tortillas, water bottles for the kids and gallon jugs of water for me. It's been a lifesyle change for all of us and I'm really excited because my mom, sister, and brother-in-law have all changed their lifestyle. My family completed the 24 Day Challenge and have had major success. They want to maintain their routine and their success and inorder to do this we are only being conscious about the foods we pack and meals we plan to make. I plan to pack the 24 Day Challenge cookbook and make Pineapple Burgers and Mango Salsa Chicken. The best thing about vacation in Outerbanks is the lack of fast food restaurants and the grocery store is approximately 45 minutes away from our house. This keeps us from jumping into the car and heading to the closest fast food restaurant to get a quick fix. No matter what vacation or at home I make it a point to keep up with my eating habits and most importantly my workouts. The kettlebells are packed and I'm ready to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment