Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fit People with Similar Stories

Have you ever seen someone really fit and felt intimidated? You imagine this person has looked like this all of their life. You think to yourself there isn't anyway he/she could have possibly been overweight or unhealthy.

I have many friends who just like me lost a lot of weight and now they are very fit. I met them at the gym and heard their stories and the bounds were formed. One of my friends I met through a running group; at the time I met her she was trying to lose weight and just started running. Now she is a trainer, she has ran half-marathons and soon she will run a marathon. She is just like me a busy mom, wife, and trainer; she gained weight because of pregnancy but one day a little spark was ignited. Between the two of us we lost over a hundred pounds and when we taught classes people would assume we were always super fit.

Don’t be intimidated by fit people. Many of these people have gone through the same things you are going through. As moms I know many of us at some point suffer from some sort of depression. We tend to shut down and stop taking care of ourself and we become the mom we saw in the mall and think, I’m never going to look like that after I have children. Well shame on you and me but I think we ALL end up being that mom at some point.

Never fear because it’s not too late to get in shape. I love seeing people of all ages exercising and taking care of their health. We only have one body and it’s important to take care of it. Start small learn how to read food labels. Always look at the fat and sugar content and read the ingredients.

Hidden Sugar; if you see one of these ingredients in the first five it is one of the highest contents in that product.
  • sucrose
  • high fructose corn syrup
  • molasses
  • dextrose
  • honey
Read, read, read it’s important to read and I know it’s hard to know what exactly is the best reads to learn how to eat healthy. Eat Clean Diet is one of the best books out there. In the beginning of my weight loss journey I used these books like they were my bible. You can get them on the internet, at the library, and I’m sure most Kindles. You can check out my Success Story here.

Keep pushing and every little step is one step closer to your healthy goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment