Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another Year Older and Wiser


Today I’m another year older.  Do I want to pull the covers over my head? No!  Am I disappointed that I’ve gained another year?  Hell NO! 

I’m not upset about this birthday nor will I be when I turn 40! Why?  Because I’m healthier and happier than I’ve been in my entire life.  I don’t worry about getting older because with each year I feel even better.  I believe this is because I am cautious about how I treat my body and I understand the importance of eating healthy to maintain a healthy life.  Earlier I was in self-destruct mode.  I never cared about what I ate or drank.  I didn’t care about exercising and mentally I was drained. 

It’s true some people get better with age and I feel that as I get older I am getting better.  I mean my mom is in her early 50’s and is getting ready to run a full marathon!  She only started running a little over a year ago.  I think anything is possible.  I watch the CrossFit games and I see the Masters (aka) older competitors and I’m pretty sure some of them could kick my butt!

Don’t get discouraged as you get older.  Instead take control of your life and be open to learning new things.  Take care of your mind and your body because you only have one life.  You don’t get to exchange it and it was a gift given to you. Don’t continue to abuse your body and miss out on so many adventures.  Enjoy your children and playing with them, don’t sit on the sidelines; watching and wishing that you could play with them.  They’re only young for a short time!

I’m looking forward to another year and achieving more goals! 
Birthday WOD 3 Rounds Race

Birthday WOD in Action!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment