Saturday, June 8, 2013

Progress Takes Time


I’ve come a long way since I began my journey and along the way I made sure I documented my progress.  I’m like every other woman out there and I’m extremely critical of myself.  It’s very difficult to avoid comparing yourself with others.  Often we get so hooked on a body that we want we can’t acknowledge the changes occurring within our own bodies. 

How many times have you stood in front of the mirror blowing your stomach out and OVER EXAGGERATING how you look?  I know this often occurs during bathing suit shopping!  Also how many times have you picked up a magazine and said I want to look like her.  The problem is we are ALL built differently.  One person may have an athletic build or another tall lean and couldn’t gain more muscle mass if they wanted to.  It’s important to stop comparing yourself to others around you because they aren’t you!  This isn’t a competition and your only focus should be you! 
Me June 2008 (BEFORE)
 



 

Keeping a photo journal of your progress is very important because once you see in black and white the comparison you’ll be amazed! I know a lot of people who hate to take pictures.  Why?  Is it because the pictures will tell you the truth?  When you lie to yourself and pretend you’re eating okay or you’re exercising really hard.  Are you really?  Are your pictures showing your progress, if not it’s time to reevaluate your goals.

If you’re seeing changes good for you!  Pay attention to the changes occurring and give yourself a pat on the back for your hard work!  Remember you didn’t become overweight overnight and progress takes time!  Focus on the journey and don’t miss any of it because people will ask you how you did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment